Monday, May 7, 2007

About Me


My name is Aman Halango and I originally come from Ethiopia which is a part of east Africa. I was born in Oromia which is in central Ethiopia. In my country the weather never changes. I have been in New Zealand for about one year and nine months. I like New Zealand very much because I normally like green and peaceful places. I have got four brothers and four sisters. Three of them are married and have got children, two of them are in my country and seven of us are here in New Zealand with our parents. I have dreams to achieve in my life journey which are short term goals and long term goals.



My short term goals are to complete my Diploma in English (Advanced) course, to study Bachelor of Nursing and then to become a Registered Nurse. The reason why I want to become a nurse is that I naturally like helping people and dealing with medical stuff. For example, I am currently working at Aranui Hospital and Rest Home LTD as a nurse aid. I really love spending time with elderly people and participating in the free medical course which is available it. That is very useful course and I am enjoying it.My long term goal is to work as a journalist because I want to help my people with my knowledge. I’m keen to have speed reading, writing and speaking skills and have a good memory. In addition I would like to translate foreign languages to my language. For example, English news to Amharic news or Swahili news to Afaan Oromo news etc. In my country many books still haven’t been translated from English language to Afaan Oromo (my mother tongue) therefore the new generation can’t understand what’s happening around them. Not only this but they can’t get sufficient news immediately. For this reason and others although it’s not my field, I have decided to become a journalist in the future.

No comments: